Java Senior Developer
GEOSATIS is the world’s leading maker of end-to-end electronic monitoring and predictive analytics solution for the criminal justice system. The company offers a secure, reliable, convenient and cost-effective complete solution (ankle bracelet, indoor base station, victim protection device, monitoring software & mobile app) for enhanced public safety, successful offender rehabilitation and reduced recidivism – using Swiss precision, quality and innovation.
The company was founded in 2011 as a spin-off from the renowned technical university of EPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland – and has been focusing ever since at revolutionizing the electronic monitoring industry through in-depth customer understanding and breakthrough innovations that challenge the status quo and deliver radically better products and services.
Our young and dynamic team operates from our Head office in Le Noirmont (JU), and from our Lab office at the EPFL Innovation Park in Lausanne (VD) – and is currently experiencing a strong growth on both the R&D and business side of things.
We are looking for a Java Senior Developer (M/F) to join our R&D department. As a member of the Software Engineering team, you will participate in all stages of software development: from design and implementation to maintenance, scaling and performance tuning. You will have the opportunity to work with a modern technology stack (Kafka, Akka, Kubernetes / Docker).
- Taking part in the decision-making process for technical choices
- Design, develop and maintain new features
- Maintain the highest code quality standards
- Improve the performances of the existing products
- Troubleshooting of production software (level 3) and bug fixing
- Bachelor or Master in Software Engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in Java programming in the context of web applications
- Proven experience in performance optimisation (tools)
- Advanced knowledge in SQL and hibernate, with experience in optimizing SQL queries (PostgreSQL and/or MySQL)
- Good understanding of network protocols, including security (D/TLS)
- Advanced knowledge in Linux environments, scripting, lower-level functions (I/O, ..)
- Experience with scrum and other agile methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- French and English speaking
- Expected start date: As soon as possible
- Place of work: Lausanne (VD) or Le Noirmont (JU)
- Contract type: Permanent (100%)
- Salary: according to standards, to be discussed