Data Scraper (Paris, Berlin and/or Zurich)
Data is core to everything we do at PriceHubble. We rely on a wide variety of data from multiple sources. As a data scraper, your mission will be to source, capture and extract new datasets that help us develop cutting edge valuation and forecasting tools for the real estate market.
- Identify and analyse new data sources
- Access new data with whatever strategy is suitable, e.g. write web-scraping and parsing scripts,...
- Create new datasets and integrate them in top shape into the data pipeline
- Define and implement data acquisition strategies
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language and at least one scripting language; Python is a strong advantage
- Experience with scraping and web crawling (scrapy is an advantage)
- Understanding of basic data structures and algorithms
- Familiarity with software engineering best practices (clean code, code review, test-driven development, ...) and version control systems
- Worked previously in ‘agile’ team(s) and are looking forward to doing it again,
- Comfortable working in English; you have a great read, good spoken command of it