Senior Hardware Engineer
BSEE or equivalent degree. 7+ years of experience in design and development of Fiber Optic Transceiver modules, primarily for PON applications. Part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team working on optical transceiver products from conception to manufacturing. Experience in analog hardware and high-speed digital circuit design, PCB design, thermal and electrical simulations and modeling, and characterization of optical and electrical circuits performance.Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong debug and lab experience. Able to work under minimal supervision. Enjoys working in start-up environment.
- Design and development of Fiber Optic transceiver modules for PON applications, primarily 10Gbps – 40Gbps. This includes analysis, analog hardware and high-speed digital circuit and PCB design, modeling and simulations, characterization of optical and electrical performance
- Help on cost reduction activities on PCB re-spin, new components introduction, yield improvement, test time and process optimization
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years working experience in optics RD industry, preferably on PON product
- Strong skills in developing Fiber Optic Transceiver modules such as SFP+/XFP/CFP/QSFP
- Experience with electronics CAD tools and electronic system modeling
- Strong analog circuit design skills required
- Strong understanding of circuit theory, linear system theory, feedback, ICs, and high speed fundamentals required
- Strong laboratory measurement skills
- Expertise in RF design using modeling tools such as HFSS a plus
- Understanding of microprocessors and real time control firmware
- Familiarity with Product Development methodology from concept, through design, to manufacturing desired
Please send cover letter and resume with “Job Application” as the subject.