Synthetic organic Chemist
H.Glass is a company specialized in engineering and manufacturing a new generation of aesthetic, colored and transparent solar panels based products.
Our company brings together an international team of approx. 50 employees working in our production facilities in Villaz-St-Pierre and the Research and Development center in EPFL Innovation Park.
H.Glass was established in 2011 with the vision of making the Eco-Habitat and sustainable building a reality. Since then, we have developed a unique manufacturing process of glass encapsulation of the dye-sensitized solar cells used in the glass device. Our technology has come to life in large pilot projects and has been recognized by several awards. In 2014, H.Glass received the prestigious Watt d’Or award in the category “Renewable Energies” by the Swiss Federal Office of Energy.
The position is based in Lausanne – EPFL Innovation Park.
In order to face our fast growth, we are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist.
- Design, synthesis and synthetic procedure optimisation of organic electronic materials, including organic dyes, polymeric semiconductor materials as well as metal-organic compounds.
- Purification and characterisation of organic electronic materials, mastering column chromatography, NMR and MS etc.
- Master (M.Phil) or Ph.D. in chemistry
- Proven skills in organic synthesis, purification and characterization.
- Experience or knowledge in organic/hybrid photovoltaic is preferred
- Backgrounds of dye-sensitized solar cells and organic solar cells is an asset
- Fluent in English
- Self-motivated, responsive, collaborative.
- Swiss Permit or European Citizenship.
- Work activity: 100%.
Are you willing to offer your skills and ideas to a better cause? Does this job description look like the future you want for your career?