Energy Delivery Engineer in Paris
Actility Energy is a uniquely positioned energy technology company in the Internet of Energy. It is a leading demand response aggregator in the France/Benelux region and rapidly growing and expanding to new regions. Actility Energy’s core activity consists of supporting to balance the power grid through the operation and automated control of a large portfolio of flexible assets.The portfolio of Actility Energy is constituted of a large diversity of technologies such as batteries, distributed generation and large industrial processes. Actility Energy is even capable of integrating renewable energy sources in their portfolio and providing new potential revenue streams to emerging technologies.As a provider of smart energy management platform services based on innovative Smart Grid technology, its applications focus on demand optimization and management. These services include Demand Response, Load Shifting in a Smart Grid context. Actility supports industrial companies to reduce electricity costs by providing demand-side management services based on innovative optimization and modelling software applications.Actillity Energy is really at the cutting edge of energy innovation. As a member of the team, you will contribute to a sustainable low carbon energy sector. You will also get in touch with several innovative and state-of-the art technologies such as Internet of Things, machine learning and blockchain.
Descriptif du poste
Your roleThe Energy Delivery team deploys the Energy Services on Customer sites in various countries.The Energy Delivery team is seeking a new colleague that will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of Customer sites in France and other countries.This includes the preparation, planning and follow-up of different activities like onsite hardware installation, device configuration, solutions integration, validation and acceptance.
The Energy Delivery Engineer has working knowledge about programs running on automation devices such as PLCs and is confident in the large world of industrial protocols such as bus systems.You will be responsible for simulating, installing, testing and managing electrical automation hardware.
This role will require you to understand PLC controller solutions and embedded software, data network communication and generic IT architectures like SaaS & Cloud platforms. You have field experience allowing you to elaborate more complex installations with advanced Industrial Customers.You will be the point of contact towards external Installation partners that perform onsite installation work.
The Energy Delivery Engineer will be in close working relation with his colleagues from the services support, product managers and services operations teams. You will provide input from Delivery perspective during product design phase.
The technical environment includes Customer electrical control installations, industrial control systems and SCADA’s which are extended with Actility Energy PLC controller hardware, IP networking devices, remote access solutions, IT security configuration, monitoring technologies, etc.
After installation of a site, your role is to help the support team how to resolve common issues with onsite hardware, based upon standard operational guidelines & you will monitor the correct execution of these guidelines. Your role is to resolve problems with remote sites by providing second line support interventions and local external Installation Partners on the Customer sites.
Your skills and profile
- This position requires an education similar to a BS in electrical and ICT or automation engineering.
- 3-8 years of experience in support or project engineering in technical or electrical environment is a significant advantage, preferably working knowledge about inter-controller industrial PLC communication protocols such as the different bus systems and hardwired communication. You have good knowledge of PLC configurations.
- You understand the basics of data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and mobile communication. Skills about secure tunnelling concepts (IPSec/VPN) would be a plus.
- You have Project Management skills.
- Must have strong communication skills in French and English, both verbal and written. Must be able to clearly communicate with sales & business support team members to identify and resolve customer challenges.
- Must enjoy interacting with customers to understand technical requirements, solve problems and manage relationships.
- You love to learn new things every day and explore new tools.
- You will follow-up on technical evolutions within the automation market (automation systems, new Vendors, Integrators, etc.).
- “Get things done” & “Problem solver” mindset, able to deep dive in details.
Optional skills:o Experience with hosting and monitoring tools.o Having knowledge about embedded device software development and PLC software programming is a plus.