Software Engineer, Full Stack
About our company
Unsupervised is a Boulder-based startup, building a platform that make it easy for people working with large amounts of data to discover the most important insights. This helps our customers, large consumer companies, better serve their customers: hundreds of millions of people across the world. Our product is only possible because of the advances that we've pioneered in AI. We are one of the only companies building artificial intelligence systems based on unsupervised learning.
About our engineering team
- We are an agile team with everything that comes with it (sprints, stand-ups, retros, etc)
- We strive to have diverse skills on the team — we like some fresh college hires and some veterans, some folks from compiler backgrounds and some from mobile — diverse thinking wins
- We are solving hard problems for the biggest companies in the world
About the role
- Our web application engineers do everything from the DB models (including GraphQL) to the server-side code (Python/Flask) to the HTML/JS (React)
- Primary language is Python but experience in other modern languages is great
- A test-first and quality mindset is critical
- Lots of opportunities to learn new stuff — we are doing cutting edge AI work in the data science team, scaling distributed systems, etc. You don't have to come in as an expert on any of that, but will get to learn a lot about it
- As an early-stage company, you'll also have lots of opportunities for growth. The team will get a lot bigger, so early engineers have the opportunity to follow paths into management, architecture, specialist leadership roles, etc.
Curious: You want to learn more about different industries, business domains, and software development techniques. You’re not satisfied until you have the right answer, and you know that the right answer is not a fixed target.
Results-oriented: You’re a natural born executor who loves making to-do lists and getting projects done. When you hit a problem, you have 15 ideas for ways to fix it.
- Fast, action-oriented, and resourceful: We’re a startup, so agility is our bread and butter. We want you to be excited, not frustrated, by the process of building, shipping, and iterating on things.
$90k – $140k + equity
Perks & benefits
- Great health vision, and dental care
- Competitive compensation
- 401K match
- Unlimited vacation
Our mission is serious, but our culture is fun, authentic, and designed to take care of the wonderful people who spend time here. We think deeply about how we work and constantly try to build a workplace and culture that will improve your daily work.
Unsupervised is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace and we are committed to growing our team with the most talented and passionate people from every community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you require assistance during the application process due to a disability, please let us know.