Senior Sales Engineer
SWISSto12 is recruiting an experienced senior sales engineer to join the fast growing company and contribute to peruse the wordwide opportunities.
SWISSto12 is the leading developer of advanced engineered Radio-Frequency (RF) products for telecommunications, electronic warfare and radar applications in the Aerospace and Defence industries. The company’s patented 3D printing technologies and associated product designs are unique to deliver lightweight, compact, highly performing, and competitive RF systems. SWISSto12 has in Europe, Israel and the USA commercialy successful developed. Prominent partners and customers are Thales, Airbus Defence & Space, Elbit, IAI, CAES, Satixfy and many more. SWISSto12 is the fastest growing Swiss aerospace company, spun off from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), privately owned and backed by prominent Swiss and European Investors.
For SWISSto12, countless opportunities are open around the world and in many applications. The product portfolio is continuously extended in building blocks to match the various requirements of the customers with its complex and demanding solutions. The senior sales engineer ensures with his skills, profound knowledge and background the success of our customers with perfect matching SWSSto12 products.
SWISSto12 is headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, and operates a US-subsidiary in Santa Clara, California. The company is well funded for its near and mid-term developments and backed by a solid customer revenue stream. The position opened herein can operate either from the Lausanne or Santa Clara office and will require travel between the two locations to work with the integrated team active across both locations for these satellite programs.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Identifyees and develops new leads in the aerospace and defense domain
- Leads the sales pursuit from the opportunities until the signed contracts
- Follow up on the existing customer base to generate new opportunities
- Provides high-level pre-sales technical support and training on company’s building blocks
- Is skilled to develop solutions for the customers, leading to long lasting relations and partnerships
- Answers to RFIs and prepares and handles ROMs independently
- Leads the proposal and quotation process with support of the system engineering, RF and mechanical engineering
- Drives overall cost calculations with the project management and it’s related organizations
- Leads the contract negotiations with technical background in close cooperation with all stakeholders
- Engages in customer relation management up the executive levels and coaches his key accounts for long lasting relations and partnerships
- Enhances the market presence by utilizing all means of communication, including social media
- Promotes ST12 with special focus on increasing global presence and market share around the world
- Maintains and builds new partnerships in alignment with the company strategy
- Contributes to the continuous improvement process in close cooperation with the organization
- Plans, organizes and represents SWISSto12 at conferences, events, political events and similar
- Maintains the CRM system, SalesForce, customer database, contact lists etc.
Required experience and competencies:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics or equivalent, at least 10 years of working experience with complex RF systems
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape and the future trends, the RF technology, products and solutions in the market
- Proven track record of deal closing and achieving sales goals in a international B2B high-tech environment
- Talented and emphatic negotiator, skilled in developing winning solutions with customers
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate to all levels of customers, executives and engineers
- Proven ability to write complex commercial proposal documents for customers
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organization
- Skilled to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Familiar with state-of-the-art software tools (Office suites, CRM, SalesForce)
- Language: Fluency in English is mandatory. Knowledge of French or German are not mandatory but are a plus
Working conditions and contract:
SWISSto12 offers a full-time contract with an attractive compensation package. The position is to be filled as soon as possible.
Interested applicants are requested to apply with a CV (resume), a motivation letter, copy of relevant diplomas and at least three references at the following email address: with subject Senior Sales Engineer/Family Name