VP of Finance
Who are we?
Unsupervised has pioneered a new type of Artificial Intelligence that automatically finds insights in data, empowering companies to make smarter, data-informed decisions, based on unsupervised machine learning. Our mission is to create AI tools that empower humans, not replace them.
We’re tackling one of the biggest problems faced by companies today -- data confusion and overwhelm -- with proven leadership, a world-class team, and a game-changing product. Named a top Machine Learning Vendor to watch in 2021 by Data Management Solutions Review, there has never been a better time to join our growing team and help navigate the uncharted waters of unsupervised data insight.
Come work with us!
As the VP of Finance at Unsupervised, you will lead the finance function on our path toward profitable growth. You will utilize and build upon our financial operating model to provide detailed financial analysis and forward-looking recommendations for all operational teams, including new projects, processes, and proposals specific to revenue and operational efficiency. You will be expected to be a key strategic partner to and report directly to the CEO and work alongside executive leadership to drive KPIs, ensuring our path toward both growth and profitability.
You are eager to join a fast-paced, rapidly growing startup. Challenges don’t daunt you, you thrive in ever-changing environments. You are curious to learn and are never satisfied with “how things are done”. You are as comfortable with complex financial analysis as you are with managing stakeholders and rolling up your sleeves to dive into projects, and believe Finance as a function should be an active part of running the company day-to-day.
What you’ll do:
- Work alongside our CEO and management team to establish a clear strategy, roadmap, budget and KPIs for the business.
- Lead our FP&A function, prioritizing goals and deliverables and setting quarterly and annual budgets for departments.
- Analyze actuals vs model and make forward-looking recommendations that allow teams to hit goals.
- Build upon financial and operational models to enable quick turn business support decisions, and track additional KPIs needed for decision-making.
- Drive the company toward profitability through growth, financial controls, and strategic fundraising support.
- Manage and grow our finance team, but also serve as a player/coach to functional team leaders in order to build financial decision-making skills across the organization.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 8+ years experience in finance/accounting, preferably with FP&A background
- Proven track record in technology startups, ideally Series B
- Advanced modeling & scenario planning skills in complex business environments, with an emphasis on strategic and critical thinking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and possess a high level of intellectual curiosity with a focus on generating results
- Ability to prioritize and strategically work through tasks with dedicated urgency
- Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary
Compensation Range: $180,000-$220,000
Perks & Benefits:
- Health: Top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plan: 401K and employer matching contribution.
- Home office Stipend: Initial $1000 for an office setup and $100 monthly to cover ongoing remote expenses.
- Flexible + unlimited time-off policy: Plan ahead with your team, take the time you need. Simple as that!
- Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks of 100% paid time off for all employees during the first year of parenthood. We encourage parents to take time off to be with their families.
- Personal Development: All employees have access to a personal coach through a professional coaching service.
- Headquarters: We have a beautiful office at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, CO.
- Flexible work remotely arrangement for employees: Unsupervised is a remote-friendly company - all year, every year.
Why join us?Our mission is serious, but our culture is fun, collaborative, authentic, and designed to care for the wonderful people who spend time here. We think deeply about how we work and continuously build a workplace that will improve your daily life and positively impact the world.
Unsupervised is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace, and we are committed to growing our team with the most talented and passionate people from every community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you require assistance during the application process due to a disability, please let us know.