ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 70 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
We are constantly improving our user interfaces and robot operation workflows to ensure that our robots can be used efficiently by non-roboticists. This involves breaking down the complex behavior of the robotic system into an easily understandable user interface, thereby fundamentally shaping the way how humans interact with robots.
We are pushing our Graphical User Interface to the next level and making it platform agnostic by transitioning from a Qt based to a web-based user interface. For this, we are looking for a frontend developer with proven experience in web-based development, including 3d visualizations. You will be closely interacting with our senior user experience designer and backend robotic software engineers.
- Implement, test and deploy a web-based user interface including 3d visualisations
- Establish a frontend development environment and create a UI toolset, which enables other developers to implement changes and new features on their own
- Ensure compatibility of the user interface across different platforms (desktop, tablet, smartphone, etc.)
- Prototypes new ideas on how operators interact with our robots
- Actively share design ideas and functions as a sparring partner for our UX design engineer
- Proven experience with web-based 3d visualizations (openGL/webGL, or engines which support web applications)
- Ability to grasp the behavior of a complex robotic system and its implications on the user interface
- Able to work from concepts such as sketches and storyboards
- Able to rapid prototype GUIs, potentially using existing simulations of the robot
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Ability to design and create graphical resources (e.g. icons)
- Familiarity with C++/QML (Qt) interface development
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.