Software Systems DeveloperANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 70 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
ANYbotics transforms industrial plants in the energy, process and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are large asset operators and industrial service providers pioneering the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. We develop numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
To make our robots smarter, more robust and user friendly, we constantly come up with new ways to optimize the performance and skills of our robots. To this end, we are looking for a software systems developer to join our System & Application team. Our team provides the glue between hardware, applications, and the user. This entails collaborating with experts from locomotion, navigation and perception to track robot health, improve automatic error handling, autonomous operation and customer data integration.
- Design software frameworks and tools, on your own and in collaboration with other software developers, for smart error handling, task planning/scheduling, data integration and more
- Implement and test said frameworks and optimize for deployment on customer robots
- Enhance the autonomy and reliability of our robotic inspection missions
- Improve and maintain the existing software stack
- Strong skills in designing and writing unit tested, high quality C++ and Python code
- Experience with developing under/with Linux / Ubuntu, git (gitlab) and gtest
- Ability to work out a detailed design for a feature idea, both independently and in collaboration with the team
- Motivation to grasp the behavior of a complex robotic system and its implications and constraints
- Team player with strong communication skills and excitement for hands-on work
- Fluent in English
- Experience with ROS, DDS, (g)RPC and/or databases
- Advanced knowledge of Linux systems, networking and their configuration
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.