Robotics Engineer (1-year duration contract)
ecoRobotix SA, a scale-up based at Y-Parc in Yverdon, Switzerland, creates innovative robotic solutions that reduce the negative ecological impact of modern agriculture. We have developed an AI-based ultra-high accuracy spot spraying technology that drastically reduces the amount of chemicals used in crop fields while keeping costs competitive. The technology is deployed on our tractor-towed ARA machine, and on our solar-powered, autonomous robot AVO. By joining our talented, dynamic team, you will contribute to a more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology. Our organization is flexible, and we provide a great work environment for our creative, self-motivated staff.
ecoRobotix is growing! To pursue our mission, we are looking for a Robotics Engineer (1-year duration contract).
- Contribute to the evolution of our autonomous robotic platform AVO in the frame of a 1-year duration research project whose objective is to implement and test new capability of the robot in terms of work precision and tooling
- Integrate hardware and software improvements (designed by the R&D team), validate them, and bring feedback to the designers
- Participate to the evolution of parts of the software of the machine (C++ and Java)
- Perform field test validations of the improvements, document the tests
- MS degree in microengineering, electricity or electromechanical engineering, or computer science with option in robotics
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with autonomous robots and/or electromechanical mobile devices
- Ideally 2 years of professional experience in programming (C++, Java and Python is a plus), at least good skills in C++
- At ease with hardware elements, especially mechanical and electromechanical components, being able to assemble and test new such components
- Passionate of robotics and having a wide general knowledge of robotic components such as sensors, motors, navigation software
- Familiar and experienced with basic electronic circuits such as communication interfaces, power electronics would be a plus
- French speaker and professional English
- Problem-solving oriented, system-engineering minded, good communication skills are necessary
What we offer
- Exciting work in an innovative scale-up at the cutting edge of technology
- An opportunity to contribute to more sustainable, environment-friendly agriculture
- A place on a dynamic, motivated team in a start-up atmosphere
- Attractive working conditions (flexibility, working environment, training, etc.)
This position is expected to start as soon as possible. Please send your complete application via the Jobup Platform.