Robotics Test & Automation Engineer
ANYbotics is a fast-growing tech company dedicated to shaping the future of mobile robotics across multiple industries. Join our highly talented and motivated team of more than 70 people and work on cutting-edge robot technology.
ANYbotics transforms industrial environments in the energy, process and utility sector by introducing robotics to a wide range of novel applications that so far were beyond reach. Our customers are pioneers in the use of robotics technology for inspection and maintenance. Our mobile robot ANYmal uses legs for extreme mobility in complex environments, camera- and LIDAR-based sensing for full autonomy and obstacle avoidance, and AI for high-quality and consistent inspection results. The software enabling ANYmal to perform autonomous inspection missions is almost exclusively developed in-house, as well as numerous customized hardware systems, including the entire robotic platform, actuators, sensors, inspection payloads, charging systems, and all related ANYbotics mechanical hardware.
The algorithmic complexity of our software and the deployment of ANYmal into different environments create interesting challenges for software quality assurance. We strongly believe that software developers should be involved in all stages of the software development cycle (i.e. testing new features on the robot and writing tests is one of their core responsibilities). To reach the next level of automation and reduced manual testing time we’re looking for a skilled, motivated, modern, forward-thinking implementer of testing environments and tools to build this new way forward with us. In other words, make our system & software better at testing so you don’t have to.
Join us, our robots and great technology so that we can achieve high software quality via smart automated testing and build vs. buy decisions. Together with our Head of Software QA you’ll be a key driver in building upon our modern CI/CD pipeline, a state-of-the-art simulation environment and two big testing spaces at our offices.
The ideal candidate has a strong background in software quality assurance and prior experience in testing cyber-physical systems. You should feel comfortable writing test software to extend and automate our testing infrastructure (Python and C++) . Your passion for testing and robotics motivates you to take a leading role in the testing efforts (simulation and on-robot) during software release campaigns.
- Drive the ongoing transition from manual to automated testing for fast, high-quality software releases
- Write and maintain test software to automate test execution, data collection and data analysis
- Maintain and extend the simulation-based system testing framework integrated into our CI/CD pipeline
- Take part in the bi-monthly release process by executing on-robot and simulation tests
- Coordinate the execution and analysis of long-term on-robot tests
- Support the engineering teams with your expert knowledge in testing and automation (e.g. build vs. pay for the right tool)
- Help maintain and extend the testing facilities at ANYbotics
- Engineering or science education with a focus on software (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or doctorate)
- Strong background in software quality assurance and test automation. In-depth knowledge of test planning, test case creation and test case execution
- Testing experience with mechatronic systems
- Proficient with Linux and common tools
- Experience with Python scripting
- Good knowledge of unit testing frameworks (e.g. gtest, pytest)
- You have a passion for robots, a "get it done" attitude and aren't afraid of hands-on tasks when needed (e.g help 3D print/screw a testing setup, write a cool script)
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. GitlabCI, Jenkins), C++ and ROS is a plus.
You are an engaged personality, able to work independently and naturally collaborative when working with great teammates. You genuinely wish to work in a startup. You’re entrepreneurial and prefer to form structures rather than to work in established structures. You enjoy broadening your horizon in order to master new technologies and like to expand your skills continuously. Your profile is complemented by great communication skills in English and a general wish to move our culture and company forward.
We offer you a very exciting and dynamic work environment, the opportunity to become part of a fast-growing company and an ambitious team that is on a mission to change the industrial inspection market, a chance to leverage your experience and bring in your own ideas, a fair market salary, an attractive employee stock ownership plan, and a job in the city of Zurich.