Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
As a Developer Advocate, you will
- Participate in relevant technical communities as a practitioner to gain a deep understanding of that community’s needs, including input on design discussions, customer zero testing, launch, and post-launch updates
- Advocate for the community internally and help influence Bitmovin’s product strategy by working with Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Solutions, and other cross-functional teams
- Understand and synthesize feedback in order to drive continuous improvement to Bitmovin products and the overall developer experience
- Work with Product and Engineering teams to define product strategies and craft narratives around new products and features
- Build and cultivate an external developer community that amplifies messages and extends reach
- Moderate customer-facing forums including the developer community site, video-dev Slack, other relevant Slack channels, Stack Overflow (internal and external)
- Assist developers to get started with trials of Bitmovin products and measure CSAT for those trials, as the KPI that will measure the Developer Advocate’s success
It would be great if you have
- 5 years of experience as a technical practitioner developing, delivering, or securing applications/systems
- Experience in the Computer Science field
- Experience in consulting and advising customers with cloud technologies
It would be even better if you have
- Experience as a Software Developer, Architect, Technical Advocate, Developer Evangelist, Consultant, Community/Product Manager or Consultant working with various platforms
- Experience with frontline technical customer support
- Experience with blogging and writing technical articles for an existing follower base, and speaking at technology conferences
- Experience contributing to an open source project
- Ability to collaborate effectively across a global, matrixed organization, and manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in an ever-changing environment
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry in the Americas
- The ability to influence the product growth
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- The best and most modern tools to work with
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- The opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.