Machine Learning Internship
At Scandit, we develop real-time computer vision solutions for smartphones, wearables and robots that combine modern machine learning approaches with computer vision.
We are looking for students with a passion for machine learning and computer vision to join our Zurich team and help us revolutionize how retail works. You will be part of the computer vision team and help us define and evaluate novel machine learning approaches that can improve and extend our product.
Scandit is a great place to apply the theory from your studies and learn best practices used in the industry in an international team.
What You Will Do
We have many interesting projects to offer. Depending on your background and interests, you could work on one of the following projects:
- Apply machine learning algorithms to improve the performance of existing barcode scanning algorithms
- Evaluate experimental computer vision and machine learning algorithms that have the potential to improve the performance of our product
- Optimize performance of neural nets on embedded Linux devices (such as the NVIDIA Jetson TX2) and mobile phones
- Work on challenging object and text recognition problems and evaluate different experimental real-time algorithms
Who You Are
- Highly motivated student, interested in an internship of 4 months or longer
- Enrolled in or completed a bachelor’s or master’s program in computer science or a related field
- Solid knowledge of data structures and object-oriented programming
- Experience in a language such as Python, C++, R or similar
- Knowledge in computer vision or machine learning is a plus
What We Offer
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- An environment where you can put your enthusiasm for algorithmic challenges and cutting-edge technologies to use
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
- A lab with state-of-the-art hardware (such as a UR robot, Microsoft Hololens, Vuzix, Google Glass, etc.)
- Flexible working hours
- A salary during your internship
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in San Francisco, Boston, London and Warsaw and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud-computing and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.