Software Engineer, CH, UK
Kandou Bus is looking for a Software Engineer who can work within a team to develop, test and maintain high and low level software to support our silicon IP, silicon products and internal teams.
The successful candidate will join the newly formed Kandou software team as an individual contributor. They will be responsible for writing, verifying and maintaining the software used to support our products. Commonly this will be the software used by our design engineers and customers to verify, characterize and demonstrate our silicon.
Some time will be spent as sole owner for individual projects planning, delivering and maintaining code for a new projects within an existing infrastructure. Some time will be spent on larger projects working within a team of programmers.
- Working in a team.
- Be quick to pick up and learn new things.
- Have experience of object-oriented computer languages and coding in C++ and Python.
- Have knowledge of efficient algorithms and data structures.
- Have experience working with Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Understand software version control (e.g. git, mercurial, perforce).
- Have experience with coding styles and documentation.
- Have knowledge of software verification and regression techniques.
- Be able available for occasional travel (pandemics permitting).
- High speed serial communication (SERDES).
- Low speed serial communication (SPI, I2C).
- Graphical user interface design and GUI toolkits (GTK, QT)
- Programming on multiple platforms (Unix/Linux/Windows/MacOS).
- Low level programming (assembly language for micro-processors/ controllers).
- Embedded programming.
Education: The candidate should have at least a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science (or equivalent). Knowledge, experience or formal training in electronics is an advantage.