Wireless Platform Architect, US and UK
Challenges are our drive, innovation our calling. We at Kandou are a team of passionate accomplished professionals making a mark in the semiconductor industry. We're an innovative leader in high-speed and energy efficient chip-chip link solutions critical to the evolution of the electronics industry, continuously developing to meet the demands of not just the customers of today, but of tomorrow too. If you love to be part of a high-tech scale-up and are motivated by pushing your limits and challenging the status quo, we have an opportunity for you
We are actively seeking a Wireless Platform Architect based in either UK (Reading/Northampton) or US (Eastern or California)
The Kandou team is looking for an outstanding engineer to architect world-leading 5G products. The ideal candidate has a strong background in application processors, systems integration, and performance evaluation. Responsibilities include: Determine functional requirements based on product goals, use cases, and workload analysis.
Collaborate across disciplines to identify technical solutions and assess key design trade-offs. Define system/subsystem architecture for correct integration and optimized power/performance. Author product specifications and facilitate correct implementation by architecture and development teams. A successful candidate will demonstrate: Broad knowledge of wireless systems and silicon architecture. Performance, power, and use case modeling expertise. Exceptional communication skills and the ability to lead cross-functional teams.
Influence all aspects of next generation products within Kandou’s Solution architecture team. Solution Architects guide an SoC from early concept stage through design execution and post silicon. This role involves collaboration with many teams across disciplines, platform architecture, software, firmware, packaging, and silicon validation. You will learn every part of the SoC and see your contributions in shipping products.
The candidate should have strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to details. Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work effectively on teams small and large across sites. Must be able to prioritize multiple assignments and drive them to completion. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential for driving technical conversations to successful outcomes.
- Design, simulate, implement and validate system models and investigate innovative algorithms for core functionalities of the wireless communication systems and their performance enhancements.
- System debugging, analytical and problem-solving.
- Work with architects, RF/analog designers, SW engineers, Product teams to define and specify the wireless systems.
- Work with RF designers to develop DSP algorithms to correct/improve impairments in RF/analog circuitry, such as calibrations, pre-equalizations, cancellation and/or pre-distortion techniques.
- Invent new product features and capabilities in collaboration with architecture and design teams
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, architecture and design teams on roadmap features
- Assess design bugs and recommend fixes or workarounds to balance technical requirements with schedule
- 7+ years of work experience including DSP and/or ML real-time embedded software development and/or processor hardware architecture.
- Proven track record for utilizing state-of-the-art techniques/knowledge (signal processing, communication theory, information theory, etc.) to resolve the challenging problems of the physical layer design for modern wireless communication systems.
- Extensive experience on designing and developing the physical layer core algorithms of wireless communication systems; such as MIMO signal estimation and detection, channel estimation, equalization, modulation, coding theory/forward error correction, beam-forming, signal estimation and detection, timing recovery, frequency synchronization, automatic gain control, etc.
- Solid analytical capability to develop optimized solutions in physical layer designs.
- Strong coding/debugging skills to model the sophisticated physical layer of modern wireless communication systems.
- Experience with Matlab or Python and/or C/C++ for algorithm development, modeling, and simulation.
- Experience in porting and optimizing workloads to the DSP or any vector engines
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills
- BS degree required; MS preferred
If this is the role you have been looking for and you want to be part of a growing Company, with an exciting future then we would really love to hear from you. Together We Kandou It!