Firmware Engineer (Lausanne, CH)
Do you want to deep dive in the fast-growing industry of drones and get a rewarding experience within a dynamic startup environment?
At Flyability, we believe that robots should be sent in hazardous places and dangerous situations instead of putting humans in danger. To support our belief we created Elios, the world’s first collision-tolerant flying robot that for the first time allows entry to complex and indoor spaces. Joining Flyability is not just taking on a new job, it is seizing the opportunity to improve the life of millions of people and build the future of robotics.
To complete our creative and dynamic team in Lausanne, we are seeking a:
In this position, you will join us in redefining UAV boundaries and bring drones indoors, in complex and confined spaces, and in contact with people. Together we will shape the future of the drone market through innovation and commercialization of novel products improving how people work, play and communicate.
For this full-time and permanent position in the Engineering department, your role will be to participate in the firmware development of Flyability’s current and future UAVs.
What you will own:
- Developing custom firmware from scratch for various sensors, cameras, transmission systems, LEDs, motors, smart batteries, etc
- Developing high level code, with clean abstractions and architecture
- Ensuring the reliability of your code by respecting good practices and by testing your code
- Optimizing the performance and the stability of your code
- Interfacing with the control and electronics teams
- Experience in real-time embedded software development.
- Experience in working with RTOS’s.
- Experience with ARM-Cortex M MCU’s or similar.
- Strong command of C.
- Familiar with GCC Toolchain, build management, linker scripts, etc.
- Experience with continuous integration is a plus.
- Experience with git and enforcing proper work flows.
- Experience with embedded Linux is a plus
- Eye for details, structured work organization and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Drive, autonomy, curiosity and team play.
- Good level of English. French or any additional language an asset.
- Experience with SCRUM is a plus
Flyability is a young Swiss company that values autonomy and thorough leadership. Every day, you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and contribute to solving challenging problems. We all work together and each voice is important to move forward.