Embedded Software Engineer
Freshape was established with the vision of building a better world tomorrow.
Today, we are a dynamic and growing company specialized in high-tech solutions for distributed and sustainable energy devices.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Embedded Software Engineer to join our team in our new brand offices in Ecublens – Lausanne Area.
• As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will contribute to software development for embedded platform, from drivers to application
• Implement software architecture, integrate and optimize algorithms according to embedded platform constraints and application requirements
• Document your work and communicate your results to team members
• Handle non-regression and testing proficiency all along the development lifecycle
• Apprehend the entire hardware and software stack to integrate new features
• Contribute to the development and improvement of productivity, testing, validation, and production tools
• Collaborate closely with other R&D members, including algorithm, hardware and opto-mechanical engineers. System specifications, lead times, development and maintenance costs are the key factors
• 3+ years of software development (C/C++) with proven experience to develop software for embedded systems with a very high degree of reliability in a production environment
• Thorough knowledge of software integration and software reuse
• Experience with real-time operating systems (preferably Zephyr), embedded programming (device drivers and application development)
• Experience with ARM microcontrollers and GCC toolchain
• Git proficiency
• Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within the interdisciplinary team
• Proficient level in English
WHAT CAN HELP YOU MAKE IT TO OUR SHORTLIST FIRST:
• Having an open mind set to proactively help improve our processes and methods
• Test driven development skills in embedded environment
• Experience with Gitlab CI/CD is a plus
• Proficiency with scripting languages (shell and python at least)
• Experience with cross development tools (compilation and debug)
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY (NOW)?
• Come join a creative and international team dedicated to finding innovative solutions to a sustainable and Eco-friendly future for all of us
• Be part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team working in close relation with R&D to develop and integrate brand new technologies into tomorrow’s products
• Contribute actively to the final product, with your ideas and initiatives. At Freshape, we value creativity and reward it
• Embrace opportunities within Freshape(90% of our managers were promoted through organic growth)
• Work in brand new offices and laboratories, close to Lausanne (Ecublens)