Senior Java Engineer
- Be part of a cross-functional distributed product team that works with a dual-track agile process: quickly validate product ideas and ship working software that our customers love.
- Build customer-facing features based on scalable backend services running on Amazon Web Services.
- Apply your knowledge and experience within the Java ecosystem to actively shape the future landscape of our cloud architecture.
Projects you could work on:
- Re-imagining how our customers can engage with suppliers in the fleet industry, handling all transactions through our marketplace platform.
- Making it possible for customers on our free tier to be completely self-serviced, by automating all processes and nurturing them to be engaged customers of our product.
Who we are looking for:
- You are an exceptionally talented software engineer.
- You are passionate about building world-class experiences that delight our customers.
- You're proud of the code you write, but you're also pragmatic.
- You're focused, driven and can get projects across the finish line.
- You have experience running apps in production.
- You're empathetic, humble and love to help your teammates grow.
- Experience as a Java software engineer using modern language features (latest LTS).
- Passion for the Java ecosystem and its staple of tools and frameworks (Maven, Spring Boot, Hibernate, etc.)
- Familiarity with cloud-based microservice architectures and running containerized Java applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Willingness to maintain and own the software you build and actively contribute to technology decisions regarding the backend architecture.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication — German not required.
- Competitive compensation above market average.
- A clear mandate with company-defining impact within a product-led B2B SaaS company.
- An incredible story of your key role in realizing an impressive, bold vision.
- Work like the most successful tech companies — inspired and coached by SVPG.
- Collaborative environment with a passionate, distributed and diverse team.
- People-focused culture that promotes open feedback and professional development.
- Remote-first mindset with a great office in the heart of Berlin as a perk.