Principal Full Stack Engineer
Who are we?
Unsupervised has pioneered a new type of Artificial Intelligence that automatically finds insights in data, empowering companies to make smarter, data-informed decisions, based on unsupervised machine learning. Our mission is to create AI tools that empower humans, not replace them.
We’re tackling one of the biggest problems faced by companies today -- data confusion and overwhelm -- with a world-class team, dedicated customers (including 3 of the Fortune 10) and over $60M funding from the top venture capital firms. Our customers have already found over $150M in value using our product. There has never been a better time to join our growing team and help navigate the uncharted waters of unsupervised data insight.
About our engineering team
- We are an agile team with everything that comes with it (sprints, stand-ups, retros, etc)
- We strive to have diverse skills on the team — we like some fresh college hires and some veterans, some folks from compiler backgrounds and some from mobile — diverse thinking wins
- We are solving hard problems for the biggest companies in the world
About the role
- Our web application engineers do everything from the DB models (including GraphQL) to the server-side code (Python/Flask) to the HTML/JS (React)
- Primary language is Python but experience in other modern languages is great
- A test-first and quality mindset is critical
- Lots of opportunities to learn new stuff — we are doing cutting edge AI work in the data science team, scaling distributed systems, etc. You don't have to come in as an expert on any of that, but will get to learn a lot about it
- As an early-stage company, you'll also have lots of opportunities for growth. The team will get a lot bigger, so early engineers have the opportunity to follow paths into management, architecture, specialist leadership roles, etc.
Curious: You want to learn more about different industries, business domains, and software development techniques. You’re not satisfied until you have the right answer, and you know that the right answer is not a fixed target.
Results-oriented: You’re a natural born executor who loves making to-do lists and getting projects done. When you hit a problem, you have 15 ideas for ways to fix it.
- Fast, action-oriented, and resourceful: We’re a startup, so agility is our bread and butter. We want you to be excited, not frustrated, by the process of building, shipping, and iterating on things.
$135k – $175k + equity
Perks & Benefits:
- Health: Top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plan: 401K and employer matching contribution.
- Home office Stipend: Initial $1000 for an office setup and $100 monthly to cover ongoing remote expenses.
- Flexible + unlimited time-off policy: Plan ahead with your team, take the time you need. Simple as that!
- Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks of 100% paid time off for all employees during the first year of parenthood. We encourage parents to take time off to be with their families.
- Flexible work remotely arrangement for employees: Unsupervised is a remote-friendly company - all year, every year.
Why join us?Our mission is serious, but our culture is fun, collaborative, authentic, and designed to care for the wonderful people who spend time here. We think deeply about how we work and continuously build a workplace that will improve your daily life and positively impact the world.
Unsupervised is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace, and we are committed to growing our team with the most talented and passionate people from every community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you require assistance during the application process due to a disability, please let us know.