Payroll, Compensation & Benefits Administrator
Your mission will be based on two pillars - each equally important:
Payroll: You’ll be accountable for all things payroll-related across all Labster entities. We’re working with great payroll partners so most processes are plug and play, however, you will contribute towards optimized processes, smooth internal collaborations as well as being the main point of contact for all payroll requests. This also includes filings related to payroll and e.g. leave and/or vacation days.
Compensation & Benefits Specialist: You will contribute to the development of operational policies and procedures concerning the classification of employees, compensation, employee relations, and benefit programs. This includes the continuous improvement of our benefits from both a local and global perspective while ensuring a fair and holistic approach.
To make all ends meet, you’ll work closely with the remaining People Operations team as well as the overall People team; this includes Talent Acquisition, People Partners, Internal Communications & Employer Branding. We’re a team that values close collaboration and actively appreciates each others’ expertise.
What you’ll be doing
- Run payroll and benefits, ensuring that transactions are delivered on time and in accordance with local regulations, policies, and procedures
- Review payroll reports for accuracy and makes adjustments as necessary
- Act as Labster’s point of contact for all international payroll partners
- Work closely with e.g. Finance and Sales Operations to ensure smooth collaboration internally when processing payroll
- Handle all leave and vacation registrations from a payroll perspective - this includes applying for maternity pay in e.g. Denmark
- Manage the development, enhancement, and implementation of salary surveys and other benchmarking exercises, both internally and externally
- Prepare a variety of scheduled and ad hoc reports for analysis
- Drive the development and implementation of compensation and benefits related initiatives, policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain up-to-date compensation reports, allowing Labster to benchmark compensation to/in relevant markets
- Provide advice and guidance to People Partners and leaders on the application of benefits and interpretation of applicable policies and procedures
- Lead our annual compensation reviews from a project management perspective - including owning salary bands and their application
- Serve as a point of contact for employees with payroll or benefits questions
If you’ve got these skills, we’d love to hear from you
- Experience in a role related to the delivery of compensation and benefits, and payroll processing
- Practical experience with payroll systems, practices, and procedures
- Preferably some degree of international payroll experience (e.g. ADP in the US)
- Strong HRMS technical skills as demonstrated by the ability to generate and analyze various reports using Excel and other reporting tools
- Knowledge of Danish payroll; this includes ADP reporting, virk.dk filing, handling of leave and vacation days, etc.
- Experience with running international payroll, preferable in the US and/or Spain
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and management of multiple priorities
- Ability to preserve highly sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work effectively as a team member in a multicultural environment
- A demonstrated willingness to engage in professional development activities in order to develop and improve new and current skills and to adapt to the evolving needs of the organization
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
What’s in it for you?
- Be a part of making science accessible and engaging to the world’s future scientists
- Embrace the autonomy of Holacracy, and work that fits into your lifestyle
- Fair and attractive salaries
- Work with flexibility
- Unlimited paid vacation (which we encourage you to actually take!)
- Learning budget & freedom to decide what you learn!
- Company-wide equity program
- Opportunities to travel and meet your colleagues from around the world! (Covid permitting)