Senior DevOps Engineer (Poland)
Have you ever wondered what tools frontline workers like hotel and hospitality employees use to work efficiently? Remember pin boards or paper processes? That is history!
Beekeeper’s platform is the beating heart for frontline businesses, as it combines all great features to make the frontline workforce successful and engaged.
We are transforming the way frontline businesses work. Do you want to join the mission?
We are looking for a Senior SRE / Platform / Devops Engineer, with strong experience in AWS and/or GCP to build and maintain our production infrastructure and supporting systems.
You will automate and improve our deployment, monitoring and operational systems, in order to maintain a fast and reliable release rhythm.
With an open, collaborative and innovative mindset, you work as part of a team to deliver Beekeeper’s software to its rapidly-growing community of users.
Location: Krakow office / hybrid / remote
- Design and deploy our AWS and GCP infrastructure using Infrastructure As Code across multiple accounts and projects.
- Contribute to our container orchestration clusters (EKS and GKE). We are building a self-service platform, and you’ll help us shape what features we offer.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that we own, including taking part in an on-call rotation.
- Own the incident management process and always look at ways to improve our monitoring and alerting capabilities.
- Be an active participant in code reviews and help mentor junior engineers.
- Collaborate closely with the engineering teams to help them deliver reliable and secure software.
- Develop internal tools and systems to automate manual processes.
Projects you might work on
These are just some examples from our current roadmap that you could be part of.
- Implement a new templating system for Kubernetes. We are using a home-grown solution that has served us well up until now. You could help us decide between Helm, Kustomize, Tanka, or others.
- Replace our existing VPN infrastructure with a new zero-trust architecture.
- Design and rollout our future service mesh. We want to increase the visibility, reliability and security of all our microservices internal traffic.
What we look for in you
- Team player with a positive attitude, you believe the best work is accomplished when collaborating with others.
- Strong knowledge of programming languages (preferred: Java and Python)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tools (Terraform is a plus).
- You have a deep understanding of Linux, Networking and Git.
- General knowledge in monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana).
- Experience with CI/CD systems.
- Extensive experience running container orchestration platforms in production (Kubernetes is a plus).
- A passion for computer systems and technology.
- Fluent verbal and written English language skills.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We will be happy to hear from you even if you don't meet all the requirements.
- Experience operating a multi tenant architecture.
- Extensive experience managing multiple Kubernetes clusters in production.
- Deep knowledge of relational databases (MySQL PostgreSQL) and best architecture practices.
- Strong interest in SRE topics such as SLOs, resilience, scaling and performance.
- You have managed Elasticsearch, Kafka and/or RabbitMQ in production.
Our technology stack
- We run on top of AWS and GCP across 4 regions.
- We believe in Infrastructure as Code and manage our cloud infrastructure using Terraform Cloud.
- We run our microservices in containers using managed Kubernetes (EKS and GKE).
- Our microservices are written in Java, Python and Go with the majority being written in Java.
- We monitor our services using Prometheus, Grafana, Alertmanager and Jaeger running on top of Grafana Cloud.
- We use logz.io for our Logging.
- And when things go wrong we use PagerDuty and StatusPage to let our teams and customers know.
Who we are
Beekeeper believes in the potential of every single employee. That’s why we’ve built the essential platform for frontline workers. We put all company communications and tools in one place, empowering frontline employees to be more agile, productive, and create a safer workplace.
We are based in Zurich and Oakland with additional offices in Berlin and Krakow. These locations support users in more than 130 countries.
To check out of Perks and Benefits, please see our FAQ page