Mechanical Engineer for Optical Systems
Freshape was established with the vision of building a better world tomorrow.
Today, we are a dynamic and growing company specialized in high-tech solutions for distributed and sustainable energy devices.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer for Optical Systems to join our team in our new brand offices in Ecublens – Lausanne Area.
• Design and develop mechanical components for optics and electronics systems
• Optimize thermal performance, structural performance, material compatibility, and reliability utilizing engineering analysis and optimization techniques
• Assemble and verify prototypes to ensure product specifications are met
• Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team for R&D activities as well as external suppliers and contract manufacturers for production activities
• Cooperate with optical engineers in the allocation of tolerances for guaranteeing a robust and repeatable performance of the optical systems
• Cooperate with electrical engineers for development of optimal solutions for thermal management, as well as for the mechanical design of rigid and flex PCBs
• Define material and component specifications and locate suppliers
• Support pilot production builds
• BSc or higher in mechanical engineering, physics, optics, or similar technical field and >3 years of related experience
• Prior industry experience in all stages of product development including prototyping and transfer to manufacturing
• Hands-on experience with design, testing, and manufacturing of mechanical components including packaging and enclosures for optics or optoelectronics
• Proficiency in using ME CAD tools such as SolidWorks
• Experience in Finite Element Analysis is a plus
• Demonstrated strength in material selection
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and problems and provide solutions
• Excellent problem solving and communication skills
• Fluent in English
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY (NOW)?
• Come join a creative and international team dedicated to finding innovative solutions to a sustainable and Eco-friendly future for all of us
• Be part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team working in close relation with R&D to develop and integrate brand new technologies into tomorrow’s products
• Contribute actively to the final product, with your ideas and initiatives. At Freshape, we value creativity and reward it
• Embrace opportunities within Freshape(90% of our managers were promoted through organic growth)
• Work in brand new offices and laboratories, close to Lausanne (Ecublens)
Are you willing to offer your skills and ideas to a better cause? Does this job description look like the future you want for your career?
Apply now by sending your resume, portfolio and/or journal publications to the following addresses:
As we receive a tremendous amount of applications, please consider your application as closed without an answer within 2 weeks.
Freshape is a Green Friendly company and therefore, any application that is not digital will be ignored.
Should you have any question, please feel free to contact us.
All information will be strictly confidential.
Freshape, Inspired by Nature