Field Application Engineer, US
Challenges are our drive, innovation our calling. We at Kandou are a team of passionate accomplished professionals making a mark in the semiconductor industry. We're an innovative leader in high-speed and energy efficient chip-chip link solutions critical to the evolution of the electronics industry, continuously developing to meet the demands of not just the customers of today, but of tomorrow too. If you love to be part of a high-tech scale-up and are motivated by pushing your limits and challenging the status quo, we have an opportunity for you.
We are actively seeking a Field Application Engineer based in Silicon Valley
- Work closely with Sales to identify/anticipate customer opportunities
- Summarize and communicate customer technical issues into Kandou Engineering and Sales
- Prepare white papers, application notes and other technical documents and presentations for Kandou’s technology
- Crisply summarize and communicate customer technical issues into Kandou Engineering and drive resolution
- Develop expert level of using Kandou’s IP, including intimate knowledge of control interface and configuration settings to implement in customer silicon
- Run demonstrations of evaluation modules
- Assist Kandou Engineering in development of reference designs for customers
- Run Signal Integrity simulations leveraging industry experience in packaging, PCBs, etc.
- Work in customer labs with customer engineers
- Provide input to Kandou’s technology roadmaps based on customer feedback and industry trends
- Experience working directly with customers
- Highly responsive, problem solver and team player
- Self-motivated, with strong sense of ownership and follow-through
- Excellent communication skills, both internally and directly with customers, in person and in writing
- Comfortable with the ambiguity inherent in sales situations
- High-speed SerDes expertise (SATA, PCIE, USB-C, DP, or PAM4 etc.)
- Solid understanding of applications for high speed SerDes in networking and consumer environments including: Ethernet, PCIe, USB, etc.
- Solid understanding of key-signal integrity challenges/solutions for high-speed SerDes, ability to run SI simulations is a plus
- Familiarity with Schematic Capture and PCB layout EDA tools, Logic Analyzers and high-speed test equipment
- Firmware programming (C-language preferred)
- Scripting skills (Python preferred)
- Protocol knowledge (USB-C, PCIe, DP, Ethernet)
- Some knowledge of advanced packaging, high-speed SerDes test equipment, CPU, GPU, DSP, Ethernet Switch/Packet Processor ASIC architectures
- Familiarity with digital and AMS EDA tools
- B.S. or Master in E.E., MBA or Communications degree preferred
Other: Located in the US and willing to travel (up to 25%) in Taiwan and occasionally to Kandou’s design centers in Switzerland and UK.
If this is the role you have been looking for and you want to be part of a growing Company, with an exciting future then we would really love to hear from you. Together We Kandou It!