Senior Platform Engineer
Who are we?
Unsupervised has pioneered a new type of Artificial Intelligence that automatically finds insights in data, empowering companies to make smarter, data-informed decisions, based on unsupervised machine learning. Our mission is to create AI tools that empower humans, not replace them.
We’re tackling one of the biggest problems faced by companies today -- data confusion and overwhelm -- with a world-class team, dedicated customers (including 3 of the Fortune 10) and over $60M funding from the top venture capital firms. Our customers have already found over $150M in value using our product. There has never been a better time to join our growing team and help navigate the uncharted waters of unsupervised data insight.
Platform Engineers at Unsupervised build core services for other engineering teams to scale from. Closer to a Google SRE than a Cloud Engineer, Platform Engineering makes it easy and automatic to build sane architecture everyone loves to maintain. We invest in tools and CI/CD-first workflows that make a productive and happy Engineering Org.
What you’ll do:
- Build safe automation for deployments and upgrades of everything we build on
- Write tooling to manage and monitor massive scale database engines
- Build Kubernetes services that build trust in the platform
- Work in git, automate everything
- Make modern software engineering discipline easy
- Teach and Learn about new industry best practices
- Work with a team with competence and autonomy to meet their goals
What you’ll bring to the table:
At Unsupervised, Platform Engineers should start with some level of expertise from basic conceptual understanding to architectural design with the following areas:
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform or Pulumi
- Familiarity with Docker Orchestration such as Kubernetes or Docker Swarm
- CI/CD or Gitops or other buzzword experience automating things from a git workflow
- An understanding of Separation of Concerns
- Normal software development workflow items like planning, estimating, testing, etc
- Good written communication skills
An ideal or perhaps mythical candidate will additionally have expertise in some of the following:
- Managing large compute clusters like various Apache projects or Dask/Ray
- Observability tooling and building monitoring/alerting posture from such tooling
- Kubernetes security principals
- Large dataset management
- Automating on-prem deployments for minimizing support time
- Making CLIs or UIs for tooling
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is approximately: $121K-$186K, plus equity
Perks & Benefits:
- Health: Top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plan: 401K and employer matching contribution.
- Home office Stipend: Initial $1000 for an office setup and $100 monthly to cover ongoing remote expenses.
- Flexible + unlimited time-off policy: Plan ahead with your team, take the time you need. Simple as that!
- Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks of 100% paid time off for all employees during the first year of parenthood. We encourage parents to take time off to be with their families.
- Flexible work remotely arrangement for employees: Unsupervised is a remote-friendly company - all year, every year.
Why join us?Our mission is serious, but our culture is fun, collaborative, authentic, and designed to care for the wonderful people who spend time here. We think deeply about how we work and continuously build a workplace that will improve your daily life and positively impact the world.
Unsupervised is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace, and we are committed to growing our team with the most talented and passionate people from every community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you require assistance during the application process due to a disability, please let us know.