GEO Telecom Satellite Program Manager
The position can operate either from the San Francisco Bay Area or Lausanne, Switzerland office and will require occasional travel between the two locations to work with the integrated team at both locations as well as travel to suppliers in North America & Europe. In addition, this role will be closely involved with the satellite AIT campaign and will require onsite presence in Southern California during the AIT campaign.
Please note that for export control reasons, individuals who would primarily be working in the US office would need to be “US persons,” either US citizens or permanent residents.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following functions:
- Lead all phases of programs from initiation through completion.
- Hold accountability for program success on key parameters: customer satisfaction, technical performance compliance, on time delivery, on quality delivery, program financial performance.
- Work in close cooperation with the customer to ensure contractual compliance and a shared understanding of the program execution.
- Act as a customer point of contact for program activities, including feedback, interactions, and improvements.
- Lead the strategic partners and major suppliers including reviews and deliverables.
- Overview all tasks related to the spacecraft procurement activities at all phases of the programs.
- Maintain & track the program’s requirements and the change order process.
- Apply state-of-the art project management and engineering processes throughout design, manufacturing, assembly, integration and testing.
- Perform risk and opportunity management and provide leadership and direction to the resolution process.
- Be responsible for the program documentation and commissioning processes.
- Travel as needed.
- Occasionally, you will be asked to participate in overall tasks and services inherent to a dynamic fast-growing company.
Required experience and competencies:
- 5 or more years of experience on GEO spacecraft program management and systems engineering. Understanding of principles for spacecraft design, manufacture, assembly, integration, test and operation.
- Masters or PhD degree in Electrical or Mechanical or Systems or Aerospace Engineering or Physics or equivalent.
- Demonstrates extensive technical expertise and application of engineering principles, concepts, theory, and practice as well as comprehensive project management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordination to meet established milestones.
- Must possess the ability to resolve complex technical problems and complex management of technical activities.
- Experience with managing GEO customer / operator and supplier interfaces
- Ability to “think outside of the box” and thrive in an often-ambiguous trade-space
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation of high quality
- Customer focused, must be able to work with leadership on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment.
- Autonomous and proactive working style with excellent working organisation and ethics
- Communicating effectively, excellent relational skills and ability to work in a team with different professional and cultural backgrounds
- Experience with various relevant schedule tools
- Language: Fluent English is a prerequisite, skills in French are a plus
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001 and EN/AS 9100 norms as well as with preventive and curative quality tools (8D, Ishikawa, FMEA, risk analysis,) is an optional plus