Engineering Manager (cloud)
At Scandit, we develop smart data capture technology that enables businesses to use smart devices to extract data from barcodes, ID documents, text and objects. Our newest product, ShelfView, is a machine learning-powered platform for retail that enables real time shelf visibility and empowers more intelligent and efficient store operations. With our scalable data capture technology via robots and mobile devices, retailers are on track to save tens of millions in operating expense and in turn generate tens of million more in value for their customers. For more information, please check our product website.
We are now looking for an experienced and passionate Engineering Manager to support and grow one of our ShelfView product teams. You will take responsibility for one of Scandit’s core product innovations and lead a team of skilled software engineers in developing the core backend infrastructure as well as cloud-based computer vision and machine learning algorithms which power the ShelfView Platform. This is a great opportunity to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment within a rapidly growing company.
What You Will Do
- Manage an excellent team of engineers with diverse skill sets by leading and empowering them to build great products, systems, and services that have an immediate impact on our customers
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, strategy and product discussions with stakeholders across the team and the company.
- Manage the scrum process for the team, and contribute to quarterly and yearly plannings
- Participate and take responsibility in all aspects of the product development cycle, working closely with adjacent engineering teams or the product and design team
- Own the success of your team's product and deliver quantifiable results in a timely manner
- Define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs
- Build a world-class team by coaching and developing engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, hiring exceptional talent and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and contribute to the software development in your field of expertise (eg backend / infrastructure, computer vision or machine learning) by architecting, developing and reviewing code as well as setting up testing infrastructure
Who You Are
- You have a track record of developing and leading software projects. ShelfView is a full-stack project, with engineers developing code for backend systems and databases or cutting edge computer vision and machine learning algorithms. Ideally you have gained hands-on experience in at least one of those fields.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to the team
- The ability to lead and cultivate a sense of ownership, accountability and urgency in the team
- Deep technical experience and appreciate good software architecture
- You are curious, thorough, pay attention to detail and you have a desire to get things done
- At least 4 years experience in hands-on software development and 2 years experience in leading a team or a project involving a significant number of stakeholders
What We Offer
- The opportunity to shape an interesting and growing product line with many technical challenges. Still in its nascence, there are many aspects to optimize and new features to build.
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for cutting-edge technologies to use
- Flexible working hours and working locations and the opportunity to travel
- A team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings, Friday beers and other regular events
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Nissan, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in Boston, London, Tampere, Warsaw, Tokyo and Singapore. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud computing and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.
'Everybody is welcome here' - Is a celebrated component of our DNA.
At Scandit we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be a safe space for all.
All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability or length of time spent unemployed.