Commercial Sales Manager US
Since 2015, Cognism has been a trusted leader in international sales intelligence, setting a new standard for data quality and compliance, trusted by 1000+ revenue teams worldwide.
Cognism has helped thousands of sales teams to find, engage and close their dream prospects by providing them with a blend of real-time company, people and event data.
One of our main goals, is to hire individuals who want to grow, develop and build on their already thriving careers and we work hard to help you achieve any goals you have, while having fun along the way.
There hasn’t been a more exciting time to join us, we have just been through our Series C funding to enhance our global presence and we have just been named as one of the Top 15 startups in the Europe by LinkedIn, for the 3rd year running!
For more information on Cognism’s intuitive sales intelligence platform powered by world-leading data, compliance and targeting, please visit www.cognism.com.
About the Role:
As our Commercial Sales Manager, you are an accomplished professional who has high standards of performance, who wants to win and be part of a winning team. We’re looking for an experienced Sales Manager who has a track record of successfully closing transactional deals and exceeding quota responsibilities. This person must be an approachable and professional figure, who is respected across the entirety of the Sales Team and beyond.
At this pivotal stage of international expansion, Cognism is looking for an experienced Commercial Sales Manager to join our US-based Sales team. The role is located in Boston. This position is critical in ensuring the Sales team continues on a hyper-growth trajectory and strengthens the Cognism offering in the States.What you’ll be doing:
- Engage in demonstrations with Commercial business decision makers. This will be across several verticals and locations
- Collaborate and support SMB AE’s to drive deals over the line, assist with all commercial active opportunities
- Moderate experience with gap & value selling sales methodologies
- Ensure strong qualification and understanding of the pains and challenges prospects are facing
- Deep understanding of sales best practices (pipeline management, external expectation setting, closing for call to actions, transparent and ethical selling).
- Negotiating and planning, to drive their opportunities to close. As an Commercial Sales Manager, you will guide, be active and help drive all deals through
- Skilled at identifying and negotiating win-win propositions to accelerate deals
- Leverage call recording tools to improve overall coaching, deal execution and enablement for Commercial AE’s on a weekly basis
- Optimize and deliver a tight process through the prospect´s evaluation of Cognism
- Be proactive in your approach to learning. This involves listening to fellow sales team members’ demonstrations and seeking help from the team when needed, being proactive as opposed to reactive
- Improve conversion rates and deliver an exceptional experience throughout the buyers’ journey
- Accurately relay forecasting and pipeline reviews to the Regional VP whilst ensuring that your quarterly quotas are met
- Bachelor’s degree or similar vocational training and experience
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding quota and closing transactional business
- Comfortable in high-pressure, fast-paced environments
- Previous experience as a quota carrying Account Executive or Sales Manager (at least 3 years), with proven success of over performance, in a SaaS organisation
- Ability to close deals and manage processes, while coaching others in the team
- A can-do and agile attitude, necessary to thrive in a scale-up environment
- Solid active listening skills with the ability to adapt your tonality and approach to your prospects
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to adapt under pressure
- Exceptional gravitas and presentation skills