Unsupervised has pioneered a new type of Artificial Intelligence that automatically finds insights in data, empowering companies to make smarter, data-informed decisions, based on unsupervised machine learning. Our mission is to create AI tools that empower humans, not replace them.
We’re tackling one of the biggest problems faced by companies today -- data confusion and overwhelm -- with a world-class team, dedicated customers (including 3 of the Fortune 10) and over $60M funding from the top venture capital firms. Our customers have already found over $150M in value using our product. There has never been a better time to join our growing team and help navigate the uncharted waters of unsupervised data insight.
About the role
An Engineering Manager is responsible for the careers of the Unsupervised Engineering team members who report to them, and responsible for ensuring that the outcomes needed by the business writ large are being met. The Engineering Manager ensures that their team is always growing, always learning, being accountable for the outcomes of the business, and removing impediments and obstacles to success for both engineers and the business as a whole entity.
Successful Engineering Managers are focused on people, with an emphasis on empathy and understanding, but also possess a background in software such that they can understand their team and help them either find solutions to problems they face, or enable them to do so on their own.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Background in software engineering
- Experience in servant leadership through roles such as Scrum Master, Project Management, Team Lead, and other forms of leadership.
- Ability to read, understand, ask questions about requirements delivered from Product Managers
- Comfortable or capable of being in difficult conversations, highly emotional situations, and addressing concerns directly, transparently and as candidly as possible.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong communication skills and the ability to adjust styles of communication, logical approaches, and perspectives quickly.
- Recruit outstanding engineers
- Be a positive contributor to a fun and outcome-oriented culture.
- Drive quality within the team, including code review process, tooling, and continuous improvement
This is a unique opportunity to work with a team of experts, working with sophisticated forms of AI and ML, and to play an integral role in building a company.
- 2+ years of management experience or equivalent related experience
- Comfort in the Software Engineering discipline to the extent of being able to perform code reviews and engage in discussions of technical solution merits.
- Professional development experience in Python, Golang, Ruby, TypeScript, React, or other modern software languages.
- Experience using work, project and product management tools such as Jira, Asana, Quality Center, Jama, Rally or other similar tools.
- Experience managing budget or other fiscal constraints is a plus.
- Project or product management experience is a strong plus.
- Experience in software design, architecture, or other related experiences are a strong plus.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is approximately: 130K -194K, plus equity
Perks & Benefits:
- Health: Top-of-the-line medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Retirement Plan: 401K and employer matching contribution.
- Home office Stipend: Initial $1000 for an office setup and $100 monthly to cover ongoing remote expenses.
- Flexible + unlimited time-off policy: Plan ahead with your team, take the time you need. Simple as that!
- Parental Leave: We offer 12 weeks of 100% paid time off for all employees during the first year of parenthood. We encourage parents to take time off to be with their families.
- Flexible work remotely arrangement for employees: Unsupervised is a remote-friendly company - all year, every year.
Why join us?Our mission is serious, but our culture is fun, collaborative, authentic, and designed to care for the wonderful people who spend time here. We think deeply about how we work and continuously build a workplace that will improve your daily life and positively impact the world.
Unsupervised is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity enriches the workplace, and we are committed to growing our team with the most talented and passionate people from every community. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals. If you require assistance during the application process due to a disability, please let us know.